Have you ever noticed how some people walk with an extra bounce in their step when spring arrives? It’s all about confidence. We want you to be one of those people! Here are some suggestions on how to have the best spring of your life.
- Make it Burn - If you want to turn heads at the beach this summer, start gathering momentum today! One way is through high-intensity interval training, which combines strengthening poses and cardio and core routines. YogaBurn is a killer class that includes all types of strength movements, promising a great sweat!
- Eat Colorful Foods - Spring is a great time for you to review your diet. There are the obvious reminders, such as avoiding sugars and processed foods. But also consider the color of your food. Yellow foods are good for you, such as lemons, summer squash, and plantains. So are green foods, like kale, avocados, and Brussel sprouts, which are all nutrient-rich. Color code your diet and watch the results!
- Tone Those Arms - As spring and summer approaches, your sundresses and sleeveless shirts await! Try some basic exercises with dumbbells, like the arm circle or shoulder press to get your arms ready for the reveal.
- Try Something New - Why not treat yourself to a new experience? Join-in on a different class! Set a new goal! Have fun with your fitness and attend an event at your studio! This could be your season of transformation. Embrace it with a positive attitude and let us help you achieve YOUR dreams.
There’s a famous saying we love that goes like this: “Luck is when preparation meets opportunity.” So how do you prepare for opportunity and luck? Try these tips and we’re sure this St. Patrick’s Day will be the start to your luckiest-self yet!
Build time in your life for good fortune! Yes, we’re all super busy this time of year, but that’s no excuse! It’s so tempting to go through your days checking things off lists. But if you make time for your well-being, time where you’re not racing around and focusing on yourself, new doors will open for you. Some may call that being lucky, we call that being smart.
Mix Things Up
Break up your routine! Everyone leans on their habits, so try leaving your comfort zone every now and then. Challenge yourself by coming to a class you haven’t tried before, like YogaBurn!
Ask yourself, what have you always wanted to take a chance on? Give yourself permission to pursue a dream. Taking that leap is the first step to getting lucky in the long run! Your ideas can only come to life if you’re willing to take a few risks here and there.
You can’t go wrong with this one. If you have goals in life, whether to run a marathon or get into the crow pose, it’ll take work to get there! Show up, put in the time and visualize your success. It may seem like luck, but we like to call it dedication.
You know that voice in the back of your head that worries that you might not be good at something? Don’t listen to it! The people who feel lucky in life are the ones who are constantly trying new things. If an activity isn’t for you, on to the next one. It’s all time well spent and the lessons you learn along the way. There is no failure, only gratitude.
Self-love sounds like an easy task, but it can actually be quite the challenge! It forms the foundation of your single, most important relationship - with yourself. To love yourself is not just a self-esteem boosting piece of advice, but a prerequisite to loving the other amazing people in your life as well.
1. Stop picking yourself apart – Everyone has something they wish they could change about their body. Even if someone seems to have the perfect image, we can bet there is something they don’t like about it. Instead of picking yourself apart, look at your body as a beautiful whole, thinking of everything it does for you!
2. Realize how amazing your body really is – Our body has so many functions that happen throughout the day, but we rarely take the time to appreciate all that it does for us! Use the time that you’re taking to critique yourself and change your negative thoughts to positive ones!
3. Get in touch with reality - Most of the images you see on the internet, on TV, and in movies aren’t even real! Not only are those people going through hours of hair and makeup, they are having their photos edited and airbrushed to perfection by professionals as well. Stop comparing yourself to things you see in the media and we promise you’ll start appreciating yourself more, flaws and all!
4. Inner & outer dialogue – How we treat ourselves can impact how others treat us. Stay positive not only in your thought process, but verbally as well! Tell yourself you are worthy, beautiful, and strong. The simple act of saying positive things can instantly change your mindset and attitude!
5. Your body is a temple – Fad diets, quick-fixes and pills are the opposite of self love. Take care of the gift that has been given to you. You have one body, treat it with respect and it will return your love. You’ll not only feel better and be more positive, but loving yourself could even help inspire others to do the same! Talk about a win-win-win!
It's easy to get caught up in the chaos of the new year and forget about the resolutions you made. Let us help you get back on track with tips!
- Find Inspiration: Deciding on something to commit to can take time, don’t get discouraged! Scroll through Pinterest or Instagram and see what catches your eye. It could be an old resolution that you got sidetracked with, or a brand new goal!
- Make Mini-Targets: Start small and the results will happen before you know it. Achieving small goals alongside your main goal will make each day that much more motivating!
- Talk to Yourself: Write your goals down and say them aloud. Hearing your goals and ambitions spoken make them more real, making you more accountable.
- Post About It: If your goal is something you think others will be interested in, make it known! You may even find a friend who has a similar goal, which helps with inspiration as you cheer each other on through the process!
- Visuals as Tools: As you complete you mini-targets, keep visual records. These little reminders will help you see how far you’ve come and where you want to be!
- Treat Yo’self: You absolutely crushed your mini-targets this week? YES, you should reward yourself! These little victories are what make the journey fun!
- Backwards Is O.K.: Anticipate hurdles during the process. Things won’t happen overnight, and you’re bound to have some setbacks. See these as learning experiences and not faults as you challenge yourself even more!
- Be Kind to Yourself: With the ups and downs of conquering a your goals, you’ll learn about yourself and the kind of control you have in your life. Love yourself through the journey and no matter what your goal is, you will have accomplished more than you even anticipated!
Becoming a “morning person” isn’t an easy task, but we’re here to help! Start small with these seven rituals to add to your morning routine and you’ll start to see the awesome change in your overall day! No need to do all at once, add one a week and soon they will all become habit. Yes, you can!
- OIL PULLING : Right when you wake up, swish a tablespoon of coconut oil around your mouth for about 15-20 minutes. Oil pulling is believed to promote dental health and cure a number of systemic diseases ranging from migraines to asthma. It’s a great way to start your day off on the best foot possible by removing harmful toxins from your body. Multi-task while you do this by making a morning smoothie during the process!
- STRETCHING : Aid circulation in your body by getting it moving right away! Stretching makes you not only feel more limber, but will increase oxygen to your brain – giving your mind more power!
- DRINKING HOT WATER : We all know how important it is to drink water on a daily basis. It’s one of the best things you can do to keep your body running at it’s best. Add lemon to help level your pH balance and give your water a little flavor in the AM!
- MEDITATING : There are a number of health benefits to meditation, for the body and soul. But meditating in the morning is even more important, even if it’s only for a short time. It allows your mind to have a clean slate and ready to own the day!
- AVOIDING TECHNOLOGY : In today’s society, we are constantly bombarded with emails, texts, phone calls, and social media activity. Take some time to yourself without any tech to ensure a quiet, clear mindset.
- ADDING PROTEIN TO YOUR BREAKFAST : The foods we put in our bodies in the morning are what fuel us all day long, so making good decisions is crucial. For example, if you usually eat a banana, add a tablespoon of organic almond butter so you stay satisfied longer. Simple switches and additions with more protein will give you more energy to get more things done during the day, while giving your body proper nutrients. It’s a win/win!
- FOCUS ON MOVEMENT : Get your endorphins flowing by getting your body moving early. Even moderate activity, like a simple walk around your neighborhood, can provide mood-boosting effects of a natural endorphin high!
We all know the most wonderful time of the year can quickly turn into the most stressful time, so we're here to help. Use these tips to make sure you're ready for anything and everything the holidays have in store!
- Strategize Gift Wrapping: Start wrapping your gifts early, but add little things like bows, ribbon and tags later (label gifts with with sticky notes so you remember what’s inside!). In doing this, you’re able to stack your presents which makes them easier to store and travel with.
- Have a Christmas Card Party: Writing and addressing holiday cards can get stressful and tend to be more tedious that fun. Invite friends over with their cards and open a bottle of wine to make the process more fun and memorable!
- Stock Up on Gifts: Chances are you’ll need last minute presents, so while you’re out shopping, grab a couple extra universal gifts that everyone would love. Locally made goods, specialty wine, and candles are great options!
- Small Tidings of Joy: Less can certainly feel like more! With Christmas décor, don’t underestimate the little things that you can add to a room that make a big difference. Miniature potted evergreens can make a beautiful impression and leave the house smelling great!
- Remember to Unwind: With all the mayhem of the season, it’s easy to forget about taking care of yourself. Before your holiday schedule is completely full, pencil in a few personal hours here and there. Consider it a little gift to yourself during all the hustle and bustle!